1. To choose a pink lipstick, apply three vertical lines of different shades of this color to the lips. Choose the one that most closely matches the color of the gums.
2. When choosing red lipstick, follow these two main points. The first one – your skin tone. If you have a warm tone, feel free to choose lipstick with orange midtone, while cool tones should choose red-crimson shades. Neutral red, in which warm and cold pigments are even, suits everyone. The second aspect that should be considered – lipstick should make teeth visually whiter, not more yellow.
3. To determine if you have a cool or warm skin tone, take a look at your wrist. If your veins are blue or purple, you are the first type. If they are dark and brownish – the second one.
4. Usually, experts unanimously recommend abandoning cosmetics at the gym. However, if you feel uncomfortable with a “naked” face and instead of doing lunges with dumbbells you’re looking at yourself in the mirror, don’t remove make-up completely. Mascara, penciled eyebrows and concealer under the eyes won’t hurt. But the foundation and powder are not suitable for training: mixed with sweat, they clog pores.
5. Don’t apply shimmering makeup on areas with wrinkles: they will become even more noticeable.
6. It’s possible to adjust the shape of the eyes with mascara. To make them larger and rounder, apply mascara to the upper lashes toward the eyebrows and don’t forget to about the bottom lashes. To achieve almond-shaped eyes or cat eyes, apply mascara to the upper lashes toward the temples and don’t apply it at all to the bottom ones.
7. Oftentimes, eye shadows look bright in the package and are barely visible on the skin. Remedy the situation with white eyeliner. You need to apply it to the entire surface of the lid and apply the eye shadow on top of it. By the way, this technique works with nail polishes too: any color becomes brighter on top of the white base.
8. When shaping your eyebrows, don’t aspire to achieve full symmetry – eyebrows are sisters, not twins.
9. If you have oily hair or hair of a mixed type, don’t apply conditioner to the roots: your strands will lose volume. Apply conditioner starting at the ears down to the tips.
10. After applying hair conditioner, rinse your hair with cool water to close hair cuticles and prolong the effect of the product.