1. Do not try to get the skin squeaky clean. Choose a product that will gently remove oily shine and moisturize the skin well. You can use a gel, which includes 1-2% of salicylic acid. This substance has antibacterial properties.
2. Oily sheen on the face may be the result of exposure to ultraviolet radiation, that’s why it’s very important to use sunscreen daily. You can apply it before applying make-up. Choose a mineral based sunscreen that mattes the skin.
3. Foundation with a very dense and oily texture can clog pores and trigger excessive sebum, so you should opt for a light liquid toner with silicone. It will adjust the tone of the face and mask its shortcomings, without harming problem skin. Also use mineral powder, which will absorb oil like a sponge.
4. Alcoholic cocktails and spicy food can please you only for one night and in the morning you will see dismal results – oily skin, redness and pimples. To improve condition of your skin, try to include foods with vitamin A in your diet – it will suspend the release of sebum.
5. Change your night cream to a lighter one. If you were previously using cream, it’s best to replace it with lotion. If you were using lotion, replace it with a moisturizing serum. Whatever the product, make sure it contains caffeine, salicylic or glycolic acid.
6. If during the day oily shine appears on the face, don’t try to cover it with a layer of powder. It’s best to use matting towels. They absorb excess oil and don’t ruin your makeup.