The fishtail braid hairstyle is a perennial favorite for women with long hair. The lovely combination of beautiful elegance and playful style makes it appropriate for many different events. It has graced the hair of brides on their wedding days and has also been ago to look for women on a casual outing with friends. Heather Hawkins and Kylie Swanson bring you this tutorial that demonstrates fresh look on the fishtail braid hairstyle.
Instructions to Make the Fishtail Braid:
1. Either brush your hair out smooth or begin with tussled waves or even loose curls to begin this fishtail hairstyle.
2. Part your hair very far on one side of your head and neatly pull all of the hair over to the other.
3. Separate the hair into two even sections.
4. Take a small section of hair from one of these unbound ponytails and integrated with the other one.
5. Now take a similar sized section of hair from the unbound ponytail you just added to and move it to the other section.
6. Repeat steps four and five until you reach the bottom. Secure the end of the fishtail braid with a clear elastic band.
7. Loosen the tightness of the braid by gently pulling on the loops at the sides. Do not pull too hard or the braid will not be neat and even.
For a fuller and thicker braid style, the wavy or curly hair can help. Also, you can use hair that has not been washed for a day or two.