One of the least attractive skin complaints are blackheads. Everyone suffers from them at one point or another and knows the difficulty in removing them and regaining a smooth complexion. Blackheads form when excess oil, sebum and dirt collect in the pores, even if you wash your face regularly. They often appear the most on the forehead, nose and chin. Some people resort to dermatologist’s expensive facial treatments or spa packages to get rid of these unsightly dark spots, but there is an easier way.
1. Wash your face well with an exfoliating facial cleanser. Rub your skin in a circular motion, focusing on the blackhead prone areas the most. This gets rid of the dead skin that can trap oil in your pores.
2. Pour some boiling water into a pot and lean your face over it carefully. Be careful not to burn your skin. The steam from the hot water will open pores even more and loosen oily blackheads.
3. Stir 4 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 cup of mineral water to make a paste. Smooth this over your face or the blackhead affected areas and allow it to dry in place for about 10 minutes. The baking soda is wonderful at drawing impurities and oils from your pores. Rinse with warm water after the time is done and enjoy the look of less blackheads and a smoother complexion.
1. Never squeeze blackheads to remove them. This can cause more problems from damaged skin and pores.
2. Do not use fingernails to pick at blackheads, since this can introduce more bacteria to your face.